Saturday 23 April 2016

The Plot Intensifies!

It's been 55 days and  counting, still no sign of reaching the beautiful and sentient beings at Emeryville, or anywhere for that matter. Amidst exams at Trinity and everything I have been doing a lot of research and lot of asking around and HEEEEEERE is what I've learned!!
So now is around the time people are hearing  back from Pixar with rejection/acceptance letters. I still haven't heard anything back JUUUUST yet, but I'm getting views on my demo reel every  other day so that's moderately exciting! It could be them, it could be any random Joe off the street. But here's the real dealio, they are very hesitant in hiring freshman. They look to hire people who are going into their senior year (4th year) of university OOOOR people who have graduated in the past 2 years. That's totally fine, because one thing to note is that they do flag demo reels that they find potential in, and on top of that, they ADOOOORE re-applicants because it shows drive, progress, and pro-activity. So make sure to keep on replying. At this point, I'm more or less just saying, "LET ME KNOW!! Am I in or am I out? I have to solidify something for this summer, yo! I gos'ta make moneys and if I ain't making dough there, I gos'ta make dough somewhere else!" but whatever, it's aaaaall gucci!

What I will say though is that my one nugget of wisdom is to get yourself signed up with a forum of sort with which you can revel in the woes of waiting for internships with other anxious students! Here is an example of one ( https://pixarplanet.com/forums/ ). 

Keep strong and keep animating you young/old animator you! Don't worry! Keep going, you're almost there! Don't let that one piece of blocking frustrate you too much! Just LET IT GOOO! and continue working hard! And depending on what point in history you're at, either keep reading forward or keep coming back to check up on the progress! See y'all in the tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment